Powered by Blogger.

Immortal Beloved ~ the movie

Immortal Beloved (released in 1994 and starring Gary Oldman) is one of my favorite movies, and also happens to be about my favorite classical composer:  Beethoven.  The title is based on Beethoven's infamous deathbed letter to the love of his life.  Oldman delivers an Oscar-worthy performance as Beethoven, the story is at once raw and beautiful, and the score was edited to perfection.  Amadeus got many deserved accolades, but I think Immortal Beloved is even better.  If you have seen it, I'd love to know your thoughts...
 the letter, translated:


This is an extraordinary performance of his Concerto #5 - the second movement (at 21:15) moves me to tears every time.  The pianist is Krystian Zimerman. I love Bernstein's expressions throughout!

{Piano Concerto #5 in E flat major Op. 73 (Emperor) by Ludwig Van Beethoven with the Wiener Philharmoniker conducted by Leonard Bernstein}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © interior design ideas. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.